- 1/8 cup butter EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/8 cupvBaklouti EVOO
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup manicotti
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine the baklouti and butter EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the shrimp, garlic, and green onions. Cook and stir until the shrimp are pink on the outside, and no longer translucent in the center, about 5 minutes. Set the shrimp aside, and pour in the wine, manicotti, tomatoe and basil. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the sauce will coat the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes.
2) Stir the shrimp back into the sauce, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through and serve.